REGISTERING FOR THE GUARANTEE
You must register within 30 days from your purchase date.
A claim is only valid if the guarantee has been registered and the original invoice is provided.
The TYREMART website includes a facility where the customer registers for the guarantee by simply providing the following details:
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Vehicle Details
- Dealer Name (where tyres were purchased)
- Date of TransactionInvoice Details
For a period of 1 year, Tyremart will replace any tyre that is found to be defective due to the manufacturing process or the materials used.
We will also replace any tyre with irreparable road hazard damage resulting from normal road use.
In either instance, the replacement is subject to a co-payment for tread already used and a guarantee administration fee.
MAKING A CLAIM
- To make a Tyre Guarantee claim, irrespective of whether it is a manufacturing or a road-use claim, simply return to any TYREMART dealer with the damaged tyre and original invoice.
- The TYREMART Dealer will replace the tyre at a discounted price based upon the amount of tread remaining on the tyre.
- Credit towards the purchase of a replacement DAVANTI tyre will be based on the ratio between the remaining usable tread on the damaged tyre and the original tread depth.
- Usable tread depth is the remaining tread depth at its lowest point on the tyre as measured by the TYREMART Dealer using a manual tread depth gauge, minus 1mm (which, in terms of Road Traffic legislation, is not deemed to be legal for use on South Africa roads.
- In practical terms, the Dealer measures the remaining tread depth, deducts 1mm and calculates this as a percentage of the original tread depth.
- This percentage is applied to the original unit purchase price to calculate the credit given to the customer against the replacement purchase.
- A guarantee admin fee of 15% of the Dealer List Price applies.
- The guarantee covers manufacturing or material defects and irreparable damage caused by normal road use.
- Road use damage includes irreparable punctures, irreparable tyre cuts or casing cord fractures or distortion, and impact damage caused by curbs, potholes, glass, rocks and other items in the road.
- Normal wear & tear
- Wear & tear caused by incorrect wheel alignment, incorrect tyre pressures and defects or wear & tear in suspension components of the vehicle
- Vehicle collision damage or ensuing problems
- Flat spots caused by harsh braking
- Mechanical defect in the vehicle
- Use of tyre or wheel that does not match the vehicle specifications
- Competition Use
- Commercial Use
- Malicious damage, vandalism, fire or theft
- Acts of God or vis major
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The guarantee only applies to Davanti tyres purchased from a TYREMART dealer.
- The guarantee only applies in South Africa and claims cannot be made at Tyremart dealerships in other countries.
- The guarantee is non-transferable and only applies to the original purchaser and the original vehicle to which the tyres were fitted.
- Registration of the purchase of Davanti tyre(s) on the TYREMART website is a pre-requisite for the guarantee.
- TYREMART will not be obliged to honour nor will the customer be entitled to claim the terms & benefits of the guarantee if the purchase has not been registered.
- The discount only applies upon replacement of the tyre with another Davanti tyre and cannot be exchanged for cash or used against the cost of replacement with another brand of tyre.
- TYREMART’S obligation under this guarantee is limited to the replacement of the tyre subject to co-payment based upon tread used and a 15% guarantee administration fee.
- Determination of whether or not the damage falls within the guarantee exclusions is at the sole and absolute discretion of Tyremart.
- The guarantee does not cover additional costs that may ensue from the replacement, including the fitting of new tubeless valves, wheel balancing & wheel alignment.
- The guarantee applies only to the original tyre(s) purchased and not to tyre(s) replaced in terms of the guarantee.
- With the exception of claims in terms of statutory consumer rights, the guarantee is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and specifically does not cover consequential loss or damage.